Gardening Limited may earn money from companies mentioned in blog posts, product reviews and via affiliate links.
Ok, so I know this blog post will be a little different than the others since it’s not focused on gardening per se. I will mention gardening though. I also want to mention some things you may not know about me as well here.
First of all, I want to thank Anita from The Girl From the Town for nominating me for this wonderful award for new bloggers. Her blog is a lifestyle blog. She talks about traveling, fashion and includes recipes. You can check out her blog here.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award bloggers give out to recognize new bloggers in the community. It’s a fun way to acknowledge a newbie in the wonderful world of blogging. It’s a chance for others to recognize the new blogger, as well as a chance for that blogger to brag about himself or herself.
To find out more details about the Liebster Award, go ahead and wander over here.
As part of the Liebster Award, I want to happily pass along recognition to other new bloggers as well. Below is a list of new bloggers that would love for you to stop by and say hello to.
- Grow Eat Gift-gardening
- The Weekend Abroad-travel, lifestyle, California
- Life Worth Living-travel, lifestyle
- Twenty Years from Now-lifestyle
- Life Love Travel Journeys-lifestyle
Since my blog is currently about gardening, I would like to tell you a little about the blog Grow Eat Gift. As the name implies, it is a gardening blog. Emily of Grow Eat Gift gives great advice on how to grow your own flowers, fruits, and vegetables.
Grow Eat Gift is based out of the United Kingdom. I love blogs from all types of places and backgrounds, in and out of the United States. I love learning from others who live in other places.
Emily loves to talk about gardening and other subjects related to gardening. She includes beautiful pictures of flowers and other plants as well.
I like how Emily integrates health into her gardening blog. She mentions how plants can keep us healthy and prevent things such as depression. Emily also talks about the benefits of plants and why they are good for you.
Again, you can check out Grow Eat Gift here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
As part of the acceptance of the Liebster award, I’m supposed to mention at least 10 facts about myself. This is optional, but I thought I would include this since I’m fairly new at blogging. Hopefully, you will learn a little more about me by the end of this post!
1. I am an artist and have been for as long as I can remember. I majored in fine art in college, but life took me in another direction. I’m thinking about adding an art section to my blog, which will, of course, include paintings of flowers!
2. Me and my husband have two indoor cats. They love escaping when we aren’t looking. I’m also thinking about adding a section about cats to the blog.
3. I love cats, but my favorite animals are horses. I worked with horses while in college and loved it. I still dream of owning a horse someday.
4. I didn’t take gardening seriously until a little over a year ago. I love it and love sharing with you my journey as a new urban gardener.
5. I’ve lived all over the country, but like Katy Perry says in her song, “Nothing comes close to the golden coast”. Southern California might be expensive and crowded, but there’s no place like home.
6. I grew up a little inland but now live in one of my favorite beach cities. Hubby and I share a studio with 2 cats, but we have the largest backyard ever with a priceless view. I have to remind myself not to take for granted that I live minutes away from the Pacific Ocean.
7. I love learning. I think that is one of the reasons I ended up becoming a teacher. I’m a nerd but love it.
8. I am very proud of earning a bachelor’s and masters degree, both in education. They are two very expensive pieces of paper, but I worked hard for both of them.
9. I’ve been working with students with autism for the past few years. Yes, it’s hard but also very rewarding. Go hug the parents, they have the harder job.
10. My hubby and I are unofficial minimalists. We have been budgeting for over a year and it’s amazing how little we really need. Yes, we love stuff, but we like the freedom that comes with living under our paychecks.
Thank you so much for reading. I hope you learned something new about me. As you can see, I am planning on making some changes to the blog.
I’ve got a few gardening related ideas for my next post. Stay tuned and happy gardening!